2/28/2013

Voices of My Night


21:38 9th February 2013 I am staring at the only lit spot in this dark room…the laptop screen. Darkness is covering everything around like some gloomy, calm quiet and subtle dust-cover… I am resting in the couch, as thoughts drive through my head, and collide and smoothly mingle with the soft acoustic music that is flowing through my ears. It is an acoustic recording by Newbreed, “Turn To You”, and they are thoughts of conversations through my day, and of the girl whose call I now await, and of events in my recent life. Questions are becoming clear, as some meanings become blurred, and the other way round. Slowly I begin to realize what I want to do. The image of which has been forming in my mind, and my heart slowly, but persistently. The direction from which I begin to understand I cannot turn. The voice of which I can no longer continue to ignore. There is that point in life when God is” taking His time”…sipping on his cup of coffee. He seems to be oblivious of the weight of my situation. Yes, he has the answers, and also owns all the time in heaven, yet here on earth life must /and is going on. Someone has got to do something and if God isn’t about to, I think I’m going to test the reins. “I think I just might take His place for the meantime until he finally comes through”. Ridiculous, but that is exactly how most ,if not, all of us are handling our projects, relationships, jobs, friends, siblings, pets, traffic officials, families, exams, board meetings, broken gadgets, broken hearts…We are entrusting our fate to our own feeble hands which we ourselves have no ounce of trust in. The words I hear in this song that is weaving the voices of my night, sums up everything I want to do. (one of the Newbreed singers in this set is called “Charlene Moore”…just for your FYI) “My focus is Jesus, who’s the alpha and omega All my hopes are found in You Jesus, Who will never disappoint, or fail, or let me down… For you have no equal, your name is supreme, In all you are righteous, I turn to you again” _turn to you¬¬_ NewBreed(Hallelujah project)

No comments:

Post a Comment