10/02/2015

How It Is


It’s been exactly 3 months, 3 weeks and five days since the most memorable wedding on earth; ours(my lovely wife’s and I).

For some reason, since then, there’s this one thing everyone we run into, who we haven’t met in a while is dying to find out. After shaking hands, hugs and kisses, and the mandatory “congratulations” “I missed your wedding” people usually stop and ask “SO HOW IS IT?”. My wife and I have still not quite figured out a standard answer for that (yes, we do have standard answers for cliché questions/ situations).

I would like to make an official communication that hopefully will answer that ambiguous question:

  • IT IS FINE
  • IT IS NICE
  • IT IS ENJOYABLE
  • IT IS HOT
  • IT IS SWEET

Half the time, on my part, I’m not quite sure what exactly someone wants to know or even needs to know when they ask the HOW IT IS.

On a serious note though, I’m feeling inspired to dust up these blog streets of mine and open shop again.
My wife and I were blessed to be part of the once in a life-time experience that organizing our wedding was. It was quite the adventure. Lots of questions were asked, lots of lives were put at stake, lots of money had to be found and spent, lots of food, lots of requirements, lots of things had to happen…

These “lots of things” got me thinking afterwards about how at some point the whole thing (wedding preparations) became just a lonesome journey that only the couple whose wedding was in question had to really experience, how everyone else became just an accessory. Everything seemed to get alittle more complicated just because we were young (“mbu”). No one really gets to walk you through the whole experience and successfully covers all the bases for you. There’s simply lots of questions that go unanswered!

Thus, here’s to my new blog series, where I get to share the behind-the-scenes story of our wedding.
Here’s to “HOW TO GET MARRIED AT 25; The Incomplete guide!”


2 comments:

  1. Awwwww . Why did i take long to find your blog . Beera serious

    ReplyDelete